Saturday 30 May 2009

Seals & Crofts


This has been a semi regular post to write recently. Another post apologising for my lack of them.
This is partly to do with a recent huge amount of Aid requirements, meaning spending very long periods of time in the back of a public order carrier.

It is also partly due to the fact that recently I have been doing courses. Courses that have the potential to (hopefully) make me some money and get to do some more interesting Policing type things. Although I've no plans to leave response team at the moment - I like my days off too much.

More important than either of those is the fact that I am actually quite enjoying work at the moment. A lot of my blog posts (as per the norm for Police blogs) are inspired by moaning. By bad shifts, by not enough time off, by crap from above.
All this and more is still happening.
But.
Sometimes in this job you just go through purple patches, and I am tentatively having one at the moment. The bad shifts keep coming, the crap keeps coming down and the calls don't stop.
But.
I am being left alone to play at work by my direct supervisors, I've got some more interesting things to do, and of course it's sunny.

And now I bring myself to the most pertinent point in my lack of posts.
It's sunny, and recently I have rediscovered the joy of making the most of my rest days. I've made new friends, strengthened friendships with acquaintances, and got closer to previously already close friends. I'm a lucky man. Barbecues, food, drink and company make the joys of the internets pale in comparison.

Must try harder.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Though I miss your posts, I'm glad to hear it Area :D

Continue having lots of fun

Old BE said...

I like beer too, don't forget!

;-)

20-1 said...

Courses in the Kent Riviera?

Anonymous said...

Here here!!! I've been doing the same!

Loving work but also enjoying having a life! Been off playing in the mountains in the great weather.......... blogging will alway be here!

Metcountymounty said...

LSO?

Roses said...

Enjoy work, the sun and good company, as has been said previously, we'll still be here.

TonyF said...

All work and no play makes ATNS a dull boy.....

PC Plastic Fuzz said...

I'm with you there. My sentiments exactly. Amazing what a bit of sun can do for your karma.

Emily said...

I don't have any friends anymore. Can I be your friend?

Banana Chauffeur said...

It is good to hear you are enjoying yourself. You deserve it.

Sierra Charlie said...

I would never begrudge a hard-working copper and uber-blogger a bit of a break, but it does turn link-clicking into a bit of a snoozefest. Will you rustle up one of your funny anecdotes for us?!

Anonymous said...

T

TheBinarySurfer said...

I'd be interested to know if you will be returning at all given the recent high court ruling?

Look out for your job first mate, because if you don't nobody else will (particuarly not that lot at the times).

Mark said...

Throw in a hearty bolus of "Bloggers Aren't Allowed Anonymity" and I say get thy arse down the pub with real humans, Area.

Old BE said...

I would have to second Mark's comment.

PC Plastic Fuzz said...

Hi mate. Just wanted to drop you a line to let you know I'm off. The last blog post went up today. Take care and be safe out there!

loveinvienna said...

I third Mark and second TBS. Seems no one is safe from exposure of the worst kind.

It was "in public interest" to reveal his identity apparently. Biggest load of *bleep* I've heard in a long time.

Liv xxx

Anonymous said...

Do contiue to write more posts tho, you can do it inbetween beer and food!

Anonymous said...

Throw in gw2 golda new delicious bolus regarding "Bloggers Usually are not Helped Anonymity" and I claim acquire thy arse on the bar together with actual human Diablo 3 itemsbeings, Region.